I’ve said this before, but I will say it again. Making cards for men is really hard. I mean really really hard. My husband thinks my cards are cute and fun, but isn’t interested in getting one for a ‘holiday’, let alone just because. However, Elizabeth Craft Designs recently released a whole line of dies that have really be designed for the men. They are so masculine and simple, yet striking.
I pulled out the new Flying High die set to create this card.
- Trim up some Cafe au Lait Soft Finished Cardstock to 6″x12″ and scored it in half to make the card frame.
- Die cut Rick Black cardstock with Dashing Squares die set. Adhere to card from with 10mm clear double sided adhesive.
- Die cut Flying High die set out of 100 lb White Soft Finished Cardstock. Add Weathered Wood distress ink to the edges and Pumice Stone distress ink to the plane.
- Die cut with the Flying High circle die a circle from Dusky Sky Soft Finished Cardstock. Blend some Stormy Sky distress ink around the edges.
- Adhere the white die cut to the blue circle. I used Glossy Accents. Then using some 6mm clear double sided adhesive adhere the circle to the card frame
- Die cut the sentiment from Words 2- Thinking of You in Dusky Sky Soft Finished Cardstock. Adhere with liquid adhesive to the card frame. Add shadows with a N4 copic marker.
- Add nuvo clear drops around the card for a touch of texture.
Hope you find inspiration in this masculine card!!!