***So I thought I scheduled this to post for Thursday Night…apparently I can’t read a calendar, so here it is…a little later than I intended…but alas here it is.***
I have been getting a bit of nagging from people who like me to see more pics of what I’m working on. I almost always have a canvas up on my easel that I am working on and most likely something small I am playing with on my desk. I don’t share this stuff much because, well, I usually don’t think it is worth sharing. But my friends apparently think it is. So here I go…sticking to my new years resolution to push myself out of my comfort zone.
I figured Thursdays would be a really good day to do this…so if you could care less (which I assume you don’t care), feel free to skip my Thursday posts.
Ironically, there isn’t anything on my easel right now. I made sure that when the year ended last year, that most of my big projects were wrapped up, or wiped clean. So here I am writing up a post that doesn’t have much to share.
I have an idea of a big project that I am playing around with, playing around with a small 6×9 panel board. The idea isn’t fully fleshed out yet, but I am starting to come to some decisions with how to play. Anyway, here is the first of what will be probably a few small pieces before I even start to play with the big project.
I have another little project to share today. I have been playing with a challenge once a month of the Ellen Hutson The Classroom. It is their monthly Mix It Up challenge where you can make a project (not just a card). Somewhere along the line I made a point to stop doing this project in a card, and instead started doing small canvases. This month, I decided on a 5X7 panel canvas. The challenge mixes up this month Essentials by Ellen product and Avery Elle.
I pulled out the Essentials by Ellen stamp pack called Bohemian Garden and the Avery Elle
stamp pack Love Notes (which I think is retired, but I don’t stop using stamp packs just because they retire.)
I pulled out some Dylusions paint pots and created a simple blended grass and sky scene. I proceeded to stamp out the images with some black archival ink.
I then pulled out a thin paint brush and started that painting the stamped in images with different Dylusion paint colors. I didn’t do anything special with shading, just adding color here and there. I think the canvas came out rather pretty in the end. Simple, but pretty.
That is it for now. Hopefully next week something bigger will be up on my easel.