I’m staying up way too late tonight to get some stuff done cause I just won’t be able to get it done tomorrow. I have a couple of really cute cards I made that I just don’t want to see go to waste, so here I sit as the clock ticks to Friday. So we are just going to take a moment, but you’ll get to see the cards.
Up first in our small line up for today is a bit of holiday cheer from the elves over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. The theme this week for the challenge was masking and I was all over that.
I have a new (to me) stamp from Stampendous was a beautiful scene of Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus. I stamped it out in a little Archival Ink, and then stamped out a mask and trimmed it out. Then using some Distress Inks in gathered twigs, frayed burlap, scattered straw, squeezed lemonade, and mustard seed I blended the ink into an ombre effect. I did a bit of a spritz on the ink an soaked it back up. I stamped a sentiment from the stamp pack in some tree branch Archival ink and added a bit of cord. I put the image onto some textured card stock with a bit of dimensional tape and called it a day.
Next in the little line up is a fun color challenge for the sleuths of design over at Can You Case It. This week they are searching for designs that show colors with a bit of rainbow.
Now on of the inspiration photos had the cute little monsters from
Your Next stamp and I knew instantly I just had to play with them too. I stamped out the monsters masking them where I needed to. Then I let watercolor run down some the watercolor paper so it looked like it was filling the monsters in. I added a bit of rainbow colored printed paper under the card and left it that simple. I think the monsters look really sweet being colored by the rainbow.
Finally we have a great little sketch challenge from the gals over at Sunday Stamps. I am all about my Halloween cards at the moment, so I knew I would have to figure out a way to use the sketch for a bit of a spooky design.
I pulled out a Sizzix embossing folder and embossed the white card stock and mucked it up a bit with hickory smoke distress ink. Then using some halloween themed card stock, I trimmed up some stripes and added it to the design. I took some orange foiled card stock and die cute out the words toil & trouble and adhered it to the card. Finally I used a Tim Holtz witch stamp and colored it in with a bit of copics and added it with dimensional tape. Again I left it simple because it just looked to cute.
That’s it for tonight (this morning). I am off to bed before my busy day tomorrow and will be back before you know it.